Clean Homes Sell Faster
It is a fact – clean, fresh smelling homes sell faster. Unfortunately, not all homes are maintained in the same way. Nearly all realtors in the Pasadena area are faced, at some point, with a difficult listing to show.
Veteran realtors often encourage clients to keep their homes in top condition for important reasons such as:
- Increased market value
- Reduced list to sale conversion times
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales
Our professionals here at SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore offer a variety of services to help revive listings to top show condition:
- Carpet, upholstery, drapery and blind cleaning
- Ceiling, wall and hard floor cleaning
- Duct & HVAC cleaning
- Mold mitigation and remediation
No matter the size of the problem, our trained, IICRC-certified can help realtors get their listings in top show condition and ready to sell. Get it cleaned and get it sold. Call the experts here today at 410-255-1110!
Post Commercial Cleaning? There's A PRO For That.
Have you made some modifications to your business during the Pandemic? Added some walls or changed out the carpet. Do you need some post construction cleaning done? Once the floors are down and the drywall is painted, its time to remove the debris and dust to prepare the building to welcome your customers and employees back.
SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore professionals provide cleaning services to give that building that extra shine. Services can include:
- Carpet/Floor prep and cleaning
- Ceiling, walls and fixture cleaning
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Debris Removal (if necessary)
- Window Cleaning
SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore can help you meet your deadlines by providing thorough post construction services in a timely manner. Call us to schedule a walk through of your business to review recommendations, (410) 255-1110. We are #Here2Help
Indoor Air Quality Importance
The World Health Organization estimates that poor indoor air quality costs $60 billion in employee sick leave and lost production every year. Part of your responsibility to the tenants, workers and students who work or occupy your buildings includes proper maintenance and prompt response to any situation that could cause health concerns. For property managers or owners in Pasadena and Lake Shore, addressing air quality is crucial.
Luckily for you, SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore offers air duct cleanings to help save your property. Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants throughout an office space or even the whole building. Our IICRC certified franchise professionals use a proven Portable Ventilation & Air Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep to remove years or dust and grime! Through our system, we can help reduce the potential for mold growth, remediate bacteria, fungi and mold, restore peak energy efficiency, and eliminate offensive odors.
Addressing indoor air quality in your properties is crucial and should be professionally expected at least twice a year. If you know your ducts need some cleaning, do not wait! Call our experts here at SERPVRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore today!
Fireworks Are Here
It is that time of the year for the whole country – firework season! Picture this – you are driving through the ‘Dena and you notice flashing lights behind a row of trees. You turn the corner, and you see a firework show. Although beautiful to see, fireworks present an annual danger. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, from 2006 – 2021, firework-related injuries have risen by an estimated 25 percent. To help prevent injury, SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore has some firework safety tips for you and your friends and family this year.
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks. Sadly, this does include sparklers. Sparklers are a hit for children, but they also burn at temperatures of about 2,00 degrees Fahrenheit, hot enough to burn some metals
- Keep a bucket of water or even a garden hose handy in case of a fire or burn injury.
- Light fireworks one at a time! We know you want to put on a professional display to impress your neighbors, however lighting several fireworks at one time makes it difficult to manage them in the case of an accident.
- Do not attempt to relight fireworks. Soak them in water and throw them away instead.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a firework when lighting the fuse. Instead, move a safe distance back and light from a distance.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douser them to prevent a trash fire.
- Do not use fireworks while impaired by alcohol or drugs. We know the 4th of July is a massive social gathering for people in the Pasadena area, but safety comes first.
We hope these firework safety tips come in handy during the next couple of social gatherings you attend! If you experience fire, soot, or smoke damage because of a firework mishap, call our experts over at SERVPRO of Pasadena/Lake Shore/Gibson Island
The Dangers of Flood Water
We’ve seen flood water on TV. It’s dark and muddy. It has an odor and is dangerous. It can carry contaminants that can make you sick. So, if flood waters get into your Pasadena property, make sure you have it removed by professionals.
Muddy floods include larger pebbles and sand particles that are usually produced by agriculture land. Flood waters look dark because of the presence of suspended solids. The water isn't pure or "clean", so it loses its transparency. Debris in the water absorbs light. The light that you would normally see passing through and reflecting simply gets absorbed. Often, though, this effect is more of a graying or muddiness type of appearance.
The danger of flood waters lies in the contaminants. Click here to read Flood Waters or Standing Waters from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore considered muddy flood waters category 3 water. This water is considered emergency service. Property Managers often call us into the Lake Shore area when there is any type of flooding.
Soot, Smoke, Fire
SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore has the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home to pre-fire condition. Click here to review our complete fire damage restoration process. Every fire is different, and smoke and soot create a unique type of damage.
Smoke and soot damage is created after a fire has been extinguished in a home or a business, soot residue settles into the property. Soot is a very fine, black powder substance (0.25 µm in size) which binds to walls and fabric.
Like soot, smoke damage can be problematic. It will cause discoloration of walls and it will sink into all property contents, causing smoke odor to linger for long periods of time.
This is why it is extremely important to hire a professional fire mitigation company to restore the damage.
The type of smoke or soot damage will define how we clean and treat the affected areas, but our process has several steps. We are trained extensively on all types of soot or smoke damage and if you contact as quickly enough, we will be able to restore most items. We also use Personal Protective Equipment as per Health and Safety regulations.
Fires can happen at any time, day or night. The most important thing is quick response time that’s why SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Where is this Water Coming From?
We get these calls all the time. Help! There’s water all over my basement. Or, there’s water coming from my ceiling. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1:00 in the afternoon or 1:00 in the morning, but water causes damage to your property when it wants to, especially in Pasadena, Maryland.
SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore sees water damage mostly from:
- Ice-Maker Water Line. This is the water line that connects to your refrigerator to provide cold water and ice.
- Toilet. Whether it’s a sewage backup or broken pipe, we often get calls to clean dirty water from bathrooms.
- Storm. Basement sump pumps often experience problems during rain, thunderstorms, and hurricanes.
- Roof. Most homeowners don’t know they have problems with their roof until water is coming from their ceiling.
The first step to resolving the water problem is to determine what is causing the intrusion. Call us at (410) 255-1110, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. We will help you stop the flow of water immediately, and SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore can mitigate and restore your property. We will make it "Like it never even happened."
Storm Emergency Kit
Hurricane season is upon us. Living in the metropolitan region, sudden summer thunderstorms are a common occurrence. It is never too early to prepare your family and home for hurricanes, severe weather, or natural disasters. Use this guide to help you prepare a basic storm kit, to survive for 48 hours to 1 week or more without electricity. Getting prepared is as simple as getting a plastic tote, filling it with these items, and tucking it away until the day comes that you need it. Your basin emergency kit should include, but is not limited to, these items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- Flashlight and/or light sticks
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Basic tools - a hammer, screwdriver, and a wrench or pliers
- Manual can opener
- Cell phone chargers - including a car charger
For more suggestions visit Ready.Gov. If a storm does cause damage to your property, SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore will be here to help. Call us any time day or night 410-255-1110.
Got a boat? We can clean that.
Did you know there are almost 1000 boat slips at commercial marinas in Pasadena? Keeping your boat clean and looking good is not just a matter of pride, it is also important part of basic boat maintenance. Knowing how to clean a boat is imperative for any boat owner or professional cleaner. It extends the useful lifespan of the materials in and on your boat that are exposed to the environment, it improves functionality in many cases, and if you keep it looking good you can sell your boat for more when the time comes to upgrade.
Ready to get scrubbing? Effective boat cleaning focuses of four specific areas.
- Interior surfaces – carpet, fiberglass, vinyl, cushions, head
- Exterior surfaces – hull, gel coat, canvas
- Teak - Use a gentle brush and teak cleaner
We here at SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore can help you with all the interior surfaces of your boat; whether it’s a big cabin cruiser, or a bowrider or a sailboat. We can clean and sanitize the marine carpet in the cabin and head compartments, scrub and treat the fiberglass areas with a fiberglass protectant to increase the lifespan. Marine vinyl normally comes treated with antimicrobials, this is the best long-term defense against mold and mildew, a wipe down with a soft soapy rag and a reapplication of the antimicrobial it the best way to handle that. Interior cushions can become musty over time, cleaning the cushion covers and the foam inside must be done separately and may take several washings prior to getting all the grime out.
Don’t have time for all this give us a call at 410-255-1110 we would be happy to take on this daunting chore for you. Mention seeing this for a free estimate to get your boat in ship shape before the warm weather arrives.
Sewage Stinks! We are Here to Help
Sewage can enter a home in a number of ways. Water will seek the lowest level, if the level of sewage or floodwater is higher than the drains in the home, such as those in the basement, a backup can occur. A sewer backup occurs when something blocks the normal flow of wastewater from your house to the sanitary line. Septic systems can back up if the system is covered by water. Rapid and excessive storm drainage can cause water and sewage to back up into your home. There are several factors that can contribute to a sewer backup, including:
- Aging, broken or collapsed sewer systems and lines
- Too much rainwater or melted snow entering the sewer system at once
- Tree roots entering sewer lines
- Blockages In sanitary mains or blockages within your home or business
- Sump pump failure
Sewage not only can damage building components and flooring, it also has high concentrations of bacteria, protozoans and other pathogens that can pose serious health risks. If this happens call the professionals at SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore. We have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean these messes, and return you home to “Like it never even happened,” condition.